In-charge seniors are responsible for planning and performing audit, review and compilation fieldwork. The ideal candidate should have passed all parts of the California CPA examination, focused on achieving efficiencies in their engagement management, problem solver and solution provider, engaged in the practice development activities and demonstrated the ability to foster relationships with both co-workers and client contacts. The position offers the opportunity to work with a diverse client base. Candidate will also be responsible for the preparation of Individual and Corporate tax returns.
* Bachelors or Masters Degree in Accounting
* 3+ years independent audit experience in public accounting
* Strong communication, research, analytical and writing skills
* Proven technical skills with Excel, Word and Outlook
* Experience with accounting software, ProSystem FX engagement preferred
* Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles
* Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines.
* Ability to work in an efficient and accurate manner.
* Ability to reason and multi-task
* Supervise one or more staff and semi-senior accounts on assigned engagements & instruct them in work to be performed.
* Review work done and directs necessary revisions
* Same day travel for work at clients’ offices, meetings, etc.
* Occasional out of town travel
* Occasional overtime required
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English
* Proactively seeks knowledge, new tasks and responsibility
* Cooperative and responsive to training, supervision and constructive feedback
* Opportunity for advancement and growth
Fineman West & Co. LLP
Certified Public Accountants and Business Advisors
Every Number Tells a Story ®
For more than 40 years, Fineman West & Co. LLP has provided sound counsel, critical insight and solid judgment to clients in a broad range of industries including manufacturing, distribution, retailing, financial services, real estate and professional services. Our expertise extends far beyond the numbers. In fact, we believe that every financial statement tells a story filled with subtleties that can be analyzed to help owners grow their businesses and achieve the highest level of financial success.
At Fineman West, we understand how to do business in today's challenging financial climate. Whether it is financial projections to help you avoid cash flow challenges or analyzing the story told by your gross profit numbers, we can provide you with effective business reporting and counsel. We offer a breadth of services including auditing and accounting, business and financial consulting, tax compliance, estate planning, litigation support and business insolvencies. Our expertise allows our clients to concentrate on what they do best while leaving the specialized support functions to us. We are proactive problem solvers who focus on the big picture.
Our clients value our independence and in order to avoid jeopardizing their trust, we never sell or solicit investments or financial products. Fineman West is networked throughout the business community and we often leverage our relationships with institutional lenders including banker’s factors and other professionals for the benefit of our clients.
One of our greatest professional rewards is growing with our clients, helping to add value to your business over the long haul, not just through year end. The seasoned team at Fineman West & Company provides unmatched client services in a manner that our clients can easily understand and effectively act upon.
Fineman West & Co. is a committed member of the International Accounting Group (TIAG), a worldwide network of more than 220 independent quality firms spanning over 60 countries. We provide clients with a national and global path of experience and resources throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Africa, and the Middle East. We bring the right mix of insight, experience, creativity, focus, resources and client services.