Korean American CPA Society of Southern California believes in rewarding young college students in the Korean American community for their academic achievements, service, and excellence in leadership. To do so, KACPA grants scholarships to qualified achievers who have demonstrated a high commitment to the standards set by the Society’s constituents.
All scholarships are funded by membership dues and funds available to the Society at the end of each fiscal year. As a result, the number of scholarships and amount of each scholarship varies each year.
Scholarships are granted to undergraduate or graduate college students with an Accounting, Business, or Economics major or minor and will be awarded at the KACPA Officers Installation Dinner in June each year. Evaluation is based on numerous factors including academic honors and recognition, current GPA, civil service, leadership experiences, and any accomplishments pertinent to the Society.
Please see the details below to apply for the scholarship award.
1) Eligibility: Full time undergraduate or graduate college students with an Accounting, Business or Economics major or minor. (Students in Southern California are preferred.)
The following documents need to be submitted for the evaluation.
a) Resume with a contact phone number
b) Transcript with GPA and subjects taken (Unofficial transcript is acceptable)
c) Essay (choose one of the three topics below, 1 to 3 pages preferred)
– What do you want to accomplish in the field of accounting and how will it benefit our community/society?
– What is the most memorable community service/event that you were involved in and why?
– Who/What inspires you and why?
2) Awards: $1,500 per winner. (6 winners will be awarded.)
3) The Scholarship will be awarded at the KACPA Officers Installation Dinner in June each year. (Scholarship winners will be notified individually and are required to attend the Dinner.)
4) Applications will be accepted until June 11, 2019.